Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunburn, Rash, and Baby FEVER!!

Introducing baby Spence!! A couple of our friends had their first baby! He's so adorable. He looks like a little porcelain doll! He weighed 5 lbs and something.. He was TEEEE NEEE tiny compared to Ty (who was 8lbs 4oz). OHHH... He made me want another so bad! But, I doubt I will ever have another.. I still have yet to find a career and we really need a little more income before we could even consider it. But I do REALLY want one... BAD! We went to Tensas to fish last weekend and had a blast. Ty stayed with my mom for the first time ever. Jim and I went to Lake Yucatan two days in a row and had a BLAST! We caught some awesome fish. Jim caught 6 large-mouth bass. Only one of them was less than 3 lbs. The biggest one (the one he is holding on the left) was at least 4.5 lbs. I didn't catch any large-mouth; however I did catch several striped bass. They are really fun because the fight hard.

We had a really good time while we were there. I got a terrible sunburn though. I got 'coon eyes' because I left my sunglasses on all the time. So, my forehead and nose burned really bad but everything else was normal. Yeah, I look funny.

Also, I have a rash behind my right ear that has been there for about 6 months. It is red and scaly looking. I finally mentioned something to Jim about it and he completely freaked out. See, my mom had skin cancer several years ago (close to the same place). And it looked very similar to what mine looks like now. So, I found a dermatologist here in Lafayette and I am going to make an appointment soon. I am really nervous about it..

This is my sweet baby giving his daddy kisses through Nana's sliding glass door. He's so sweet. The picture looks really funny because Ty's reflection in the door looks like he is kissin himself (but with his daddy's hair). LOL


Jim just took a pay cut at work... They essentially cut his hours back. So, that was the kick I needed to jumpstart me into job hunting mode. I bought some pretty ivory paper and printed all new resumes out. I have to go work with my SIL Daina tomorrow, so I plan on kidnapping her daughter and having her watch Ty Tuesday while I try to find a job. This is really a bittersweet time for me. I really don't want to leave my little man. Golly... I'm gonna miss him so bad. It breaks my heart just thinking about it. But, he's almost a year old. And it's about time for him to be exposed to other kids and some different surroundings. Plus, I need to get a life too. LOL. I'm ready to have my own money again to go shopping or whatever. And we are obviously going to need more money anyway with Jim's loss of hours.
So, this week begins my search for a job. Jim and I toured daycares a while back and only found one that we liked. It is only open M-F 6:30-5:30. So, I am going to have to find a job that can work around those hours. Or.. find another daycare in another town. As far a daycare goes, I don't know if those are normal operating hours or not. I guess I need to do some more research. Wish me luck!
Oh... and I haven't made any new cakes... Money is tight, ya know?


0 comments: